Delhi, NY- The Sage Colleges' women's tennis team travelled to SUNY-Delhi on Tuesday for a non-conference match. The Gators tallied their second straight 9-0 win as they topped the Broncos, 9-0 to improve to 2-0 on the year.
Sage's trio of captains, seniors Shanessa Mendoza (North Plainfield, NJ/North Plainfield), Lindsey Tolman (Little Falls, NY/Little Falls) and Samantha Dibbell (Hunter, NY/Tannersville Central) all posted wins in the action.
Playing at No. 1 singles, sophomore Sammantha Montague (Glenville, NY/Scotia-Glenville) posted a 6-3, 6-3 win over Delhi's Victoria Jones. Montague teamed at No. 1 doubles with sophomore Rebecca Jackson (Saugerties, NY/John A. Coleman) for an 8-5 win to stay perfect on the year.
Tolman was a winner at No. 5 singles, beating her opponent Mackenzie Landman, 6-1, 6-0 and teamed at No. 3 doubles with Dibbell for an 8-0 win.
Next up for the Gators they will open their first season as a member of the Empire 8 Conference as they will visit Houghton College and Alfred University this coming weekend in league matches. Sage will face Houghton on September 9 at 1 p.m. and Alfred on September 10 at Noon.
The Sage Colleges vs SUNY Delhi
Sep 05, 2017 at Delhi, NY
(The Bubble at Clark Field House)
The Sage Colleges 9, SUNY Delhi 0
1. Sammantha Montague (SAGE-W) def. Victoria Jones (DELHI-W) 6-3, 6-3
2. Abbey Clobridge (SAGE-W) def. Safiyyah Muhammad (DELHI-W) 3-6, 6-1 (10-6)
3. Shanessa Mendoza (SAGE-W) def. Antonia Delavera (DELHI-W) 6-2, 6-2
4. Rebecca Jackson (SAGE-W) def. Rani Samudrala (DELHI-W) 6-0, 6-1
5. Lindsey Tolman (SAGE-W) def. Mackenzie Landman (DELHI-W) 6-1, 6-0
6. Samantha Dibbell (SAGE-W) def. Luchana Stroud (DELHI-W) 6-0, 6-0
The Sage Colleges 2-0
SUNY Delhi 0-1