Schenectady, NY—The Sage Colleges' men's tennis team hosted the Saxons of Alfred University on Saturday in an Empire 8 match held at Sport Time Tennis Facility. Alfred posted the 9-0 win over Sage to improve to 5-4 overall and 3-2 in the league. Sage drops to 2-8 overall and 0-6 in the league.
Rookie Ryan Burke (Greenville, NY/Greenville) had a tight match for Sage at No. 5 singles, but fell to John Papin, 7-5, 6-4.
Tennis Match Results
Alfred University vs The Sage Colleges
4/20/2019 at Schenectady, NY
(Sport Time Tennis)
Alfred University 9, The Sage Colleges 0
1. Peter Smock (AUMT1819) def. Henry Golden (SAGEMEN) 6-0, 6-1
2. Logan Cross (AUMT1819) def. Tyler Schnaible (SAGEMEN) 6-2, 6-3
3. Ryan Brown (AUMT1819) def. Dan Mackey (SAGEMEN) 6-2, 6-2
4. Kyle Kemper (AUMT1819) def. Logan Fournia (SAGEMEN) 6-2, 6-1
5. John Papin (AUMT1819) def. Ryan Burke (SAGEMEN) 7-5, 6-4
6. Reeder Bruffey (AUMT1819) def. Mitesh Joshi (SAGEMEN) 6-3, 6-1
Alfred University 5-4, 3-2 Empire 8
The Sage Colleges 2-8, 0-6 Empire 8