Newburgh, NY – Sage's men's tennis team travelled to Mt. St. Mary College on Wednesday for a Skyline Conference match. The host Knights tallied an 8-1 win and improve to 3-2 overall and 1-0 in the league, while Sage drops to 1-3 overall and 1-2 in the conference.
Sage's senior Kirsten Ackerman (Rensselaer, NY/Guilderland) was the team's lone winner as she added another win at No. 1 singles, beating Connor Bean, 6-3, 3-6, 12-10 in the tie-breaker.
The Gators are back in action on Saturday, April 4 at 1 p.m. hosting Lehman College in a non-conference match with the site to be announced.
Tennis Match Results
The Sage Colleges vs Mount Saint Mary
Apr 1, 2015 at Newburgh, NY
(Mount Saint Mary College Tennis Courts)
Mount Saint Mary 8, The Sage Colleges 1
1. Ackerman, Kirsten (SAGEMEN) def. Bean, Connor (MSMCMT) 6-3, 3-6 (12-10), 12-10
2. Witke, Dan (MSMCMT) def. Beaudin, Gerard (SAGEMEN) 6-2, 6-0
3. Borden, Joe (MSMCMT) def. Scott, Robert (SAGEMEN) 6-0, 6-0
4. Frank, Bryan (MSMCMT) def. Hansen, Troy (SAGEMEN) 6-3, 6-1
5. Jaros, Chris (MSMCMT) def. Castillo, Mark (SAGEMEN) 6-3, 6-6 (7-4)
6. McLoughlin, Shane (MSMCMT) def. Estremera, Melissa (SAGEMEN) 6-0, 6-0
1. Bean, Connor/Borden, Joe (MSMCMT) def. Ackerman, Kirsten/Beaudin, Gerard (SAGEMEN) 8-4
2. Gargan, Connor/Witke, Dan (MSMCMT) def. Scott, Robert/Hansen, Troy (SAGEMEN) 8-2
3. Jaros, Chris/Frank, Bryan (MSMCMT) def. Castillo, Mark/Estremera, Melissa (SAGEMEN) 8-0
The Sage Colleges 1-2/1-1 Skyline
Mount Saint Mary 3-2/1-0 Skyline
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (6,3,4,2,5,1)
T-3:00 - 30-