- Kerry Flower ran herself into Sage’s record books the moment she arrived on campus in 2018.
- She wrapped her first year at Sage as the inaugural Female Rookie Athlete of the Year. She was also saluted as the 2019 Sage Women’s Track and Field Team Gator of the Year.
- Among the many highlights for Kerry in 2018-2019, she became the first Sage field competitor at the 2019 All-Atlantic Region Track and Field Conference Championships at SUNY-Cortland in May. She competed in the 10,000 meter run and finished in 15th place with her time of 40:15.68. The race wrapped her stellar rookie season that saw her break several school records and the team Gator of the Year honors in track and field.
- She now holds the school record in the 1,500 meter in 5:09.88, the 5,000 meter run in 19:02.96, as well as the 10,000 meter run in 38:43.00. She also broke the 800 meter dash mark but it was surpassed this spring by another team mate. She earned two citations as the Empire 8 Spring Track and Field Athlete of the Week over the course of the season.
- In the fall, Flower finished in 17th place at the 2018 Empire 8 Cross Country Championships in 27:27.37 and became the first Sage female cross country student-athlete to earn Empire 8 All-Star acclaim after picking up second team acclaim for her efforts.
- Over the course of the cross country season, she established the program’s 5K record in 2018 at the RPI Invitational with her time of 19:27.1.
- She has already opened her 2019 season on a number of high notes. She finished as the medalist at the SUNY-Cobleskill Invitational and at the Oneonta State Airfield Invitational.
- Flower has earned three Empire 8 Female Runner of the Week citations in September of 2019.
Academics at Sage:
- She is majoring in art and design at Sage and is a Dean’s List student.
- A stellar scholastic performer, French excelled in cross country, indoor and outdoor track and field and swimming. She earned 14 letters as a student at Schalmont High School and was a team captain in cross country and track.
- She led the cross country team to a Colonial Council Championship.
- A two-time state’s qualifier in cross country and outdoor track and field in the 3,000 meter run, she also captured the Section 2 Indoor 3,000 Meter Run championship for Section 2.
- She was a two-time Colonial Council Champion in the 3,000 meter run, while also garnering several top finishes including a second place at the XC Grout Run and a fourth place finish in the 1,500 meter run at the Colonial Council Indoor Championships.
- Also excelling in the classroom, she was a High Honor Roll Student and earned Art Honor Society honors. She was a Regional Art Finalist for the High School’s Best Artist Award.
- She is the daughter of Ronald and Colleen Flower.
- Her sister, Julia Flower is a student-athlete at Iona College.
My Favorite Professional Athlete is:
Michael Phelps, Ashley Higginson, Kyle Merber, Emma Coburn
My Favorite Team is:
Sage’s Cross Country and Track and Field Teams!
The Thing I like Best about Sage is:
The Small Class Sizes!