|Hometown:||Fort Johnson, NY|
- A newcomer to the cross country team at Sage, Victoria Opalka competed in the spring of 2018 as a member of Sage’s women’s track and field team.
- She has been selected to serve as a team co-captain for the 2018 women’s cross country squad.
- She came to Sage after attending SUNY-Cobleskill.
Academics at Sage:
- She is majoring in nutrition and dietetics at Sage.
- She earned Deans’ List acclaim in 2017-2018.
- She is a member of Sage’s Nutrition Club, which is a part of the Food Recovery Network.
- Opalka is also a Peer Academic Tutor for several academic courses at Sage.
- She was co-captain of her cross country team at Broadalbin-Perth High School in 2013 and 2014,
- She was part of the squad that went to the NYSPHSAA State Cross Country Championships in 2010 (as an 8th grader) and 2013 (junior).
- She won the 3,200 meter relay at the Section 2 and Class C Outdoor Track Championship.
- As a member of the cross country team, she helped the program capture the Foothill Council Cross-Country runner-up crown in 2013; as well as the Section 2, Class B Cross-Country Champions in 2010.
- Opalka was also a member of the 2013 team that collected the Class C Cross-Country Championship. She also helped the team to a fifth place showing at the 2010 and 2013 State Championships.
- An honor student in high school, she was also a Dean’s List Student at SUNY-Cobleskill before arriving at Sage.
- She is the daughter of Michael and Dana Opalka.
- While a student at SUNY-Cobleskill, she worked on a large dairy farm and has a twin sister.
- Her family runs a large dairy goat farm.
My Favorite Professional Athlete is:
My Favorite Team is:
New York Jets
The Thing I like Best about Sage is: