|High School:||Ichabod Crane|
- Sagan Leggett competes for both Sage’s cross country and track and field teams. She was the Gator of the Year for Sage’s cross country team in 2015.
- As a sophomore in 2016, she led the cross country team and finished as part of the league’s sixth place squad at the Skyline Conference Championship.
- She added a 30th place finish as the 2016 Skyline Championship in 27:54.35, while also competing at the NCAA regionals finishing in 26:11.1 (227th place). As a rookie, she had her best finish at the SUNY-Cobleskill s best finish was at the Steven Warde Invitational finishing in 16th in21:49.2. Also posted a 20th place finish at the 2015 Skyline Conference Championship.
- In track, as a rookie, she helped to set the school record as a member of the 4 x 400 relay (4:38.51, 2016) as well as the 4 x 800 relay (12:26.14, 2016).
- Last season, she repeated as the Gator of the Year in women’s cross country. Over the course of the 2017 season, Leggett had a banner season, which also translated into much success as a member of Sage’s 2018 Outdoor Women’s Track and Field Team.
- In the fall, she was named to the 2017 Empire 8 Women’s Cross Country Sportsmanship Team for her efforts. She added a 29th place individual finish at the Empire 8 Championship with her time of 27:23.8. She also finished sixth overall at the Green Mountain College Invitational and helped the Gators to a third place team finish.
- This past spring in track, she earned Empire 8 Track Athlete of the Week honors after setting the school record in the 3,000 meter run with her time of 11:47.22 and added a sixth place finish in the race at the Vassar Invitational. The following week, while competing at the Capital District Championship at RPI, she broke Sage’s 5,000 meter run mark with her time of 20:27.12 to take sixth place in the race. She closed the season while competing at the 2018 Empire 8 Championship and helped the Gators to another school record with her part of as a member of the 4 x 800 relay with their time of 11:29.47.
- Also an exceptional student-athlete, Leggett was named to the 2017 Sage Scholar-Athlete Honor Roll, and was inducted into Sage’s Athletic Honor Society at the 2018 Athletic Awards Banquet. She was also named to the 2017 Empire 8 President’s Fall List and the 2018 Empire 8 Spring Presidents’ List for her accomplishments.
Academics at Sage:
- She is majoring in biology at Sage and is a Dean’s List student. She has earned Skyline Conference Scholar-Athlete Honors in cross country and is a Sage Scholar-Athlete honoree as well as a freshman.
- Leggett also had the opportunity to intern at Dr. Conklin's lab at the Cancer Research Center. She was awarded the Chemistry Excellence Award at Sage and had a perfect 4.0 GPA in the spring of 2017.
- She was inducted into Sage’s Athletic Honor Society in 2018.
- She is a member of the Habitat for Humanity Club at Sage and is also a member of the Pre-Med Club.
- She was also honored by the Empire 8 garnering Presidents’ List honors in the fall and spring on the 2017-2018 academic year.
- She is the recipient of the Grace VanderVort Scholarship for her excellence in the classroom at Sage.
- A two-sport athlete in cross country and track, Sagan Leggett was the captain of the Ichadbod Crane High School cross country team for two years.
- Leggett was also named the 2013-14 indoor track MVP and the Outstanding Runner for cross country in 2013. An excellent student as well, Leggett was named to the high honor roll all throughout high school.
- She is the daughter of Matthew and Berit Leggett.
- She is active on campus with Habitat for Humanity.
My Favorite Professional Athlete is:
My Favorite Team is:
Green Bay Packers
The Thing I like Best About Sage is:
The School Colors!