14 - River Seybolt
- Capped his outstanding 2017 season having garnered Empire 8 Men’s Soccer Player of the Year honors, a first for Sage and the men’s soccer team.
- Was named to the 2017-2018 Sage Male Athlete of the Year.
- Among the tremendous accomplishments Seybolt achieved over the course of his junior season, he was named the 2017 All-East Second Team for his play. He was also named to the Empire 8 All-Tournament Team, while also garnering a spot on the 2017 Empire 8 All-Start First Team. Seybolt led the league in four different offensive categories as he tallied a personal-best campaign on the pitch. He added 16 goals (.889 per game), with 35 points (1.94 ppg), five game-winning goals with 101 shots (5.61 per game).
- In the semifinals of the league tournament, Seybolt propelled the Gators to the program's third straight conference championship appearance. Against Nazareth in the Empire 8 semifinals, Sage trailed at the half and with just 1:56 left in regulation, Seybolt would tie the game and send the match to overtime. Late in the first period of overtime, Seybolt would score his second goal of the match at 99:32 propelling Sage into the conference finals.
- In late October, Seybolt became Sage's all-time leading goal scorer, while also breaking the program's all-time point record as well. He has 40 goals with 10 assists and continues to build upon Sage's career point record which he holds with 90 points.
- Seybolt started his Sage career as a member of the 2015 regular-season and tournament Skyline Championship team that went to the program’s first NCAA Division III Tournament.
- He was named the Skyline Conference Rookie of the Year (2015) and started in 13 of 18 played games. Led the team with 23 points on 9 goals and 5 assists. Seybolt had a team-high 76 shots with 39 on goal (.513 shot-on-goal percentage). The forward had a pair of 5 point games (two goals, one assist) against Cazenovia and St. Joseph’s - Brooklyn. Scored 6 game-winning goals, including the game-winner in the Skyline Final.
- He was named to the 2016 Skyline Conference All-Star First Team after once again leading the Gators in scoring with a team-best 32 points.
- Seybolt was also named to the 2016 National Soccer Coaches Association of America NCAA Division III Men's All-East Regional Third Team.
- Finished his sophomore season ranked nationally in seven different categories. Had 32 points on 15 goals and 2 assists.
- In addition to four honor roll mentions, the forward was named the Skyline week eight Co-Player of the Week when he buried his first career hat trick in a must-win 4-1 triumph over St. Joseph's – Long Island.
- He was chosen as the recipient of Sage’s Aggie Stillman Perseverance Award in 2016-2017 for his battle in overcoming cancer.
- His long list of career records and single-season feats includes most career points (90), most career goals (40), most career game-winning goals (14), career shots (141), most penalty kicks made (6) all in 56 career games played. He has been the team’s leading scorer in each of his years with the Gators.
- Seybolt has now played in 56 games entering his final campaign at Sage.
- Varsity letter in soccer at Longwood High School, earning team MVP honors and served as a team captain.
- All-League selection and all-conference pick scholastically.
- Played in an academy in Columbia and Ecuador.
- He is the son of Richard Seybolt.
Favorite Professional Athlete:
Favorite Sports Team:
The Thing I like best about Sage is:
The soccer team!
|Oct 6||at Utica College||W, 2-1|
|Oct 7||at SUNY Cobleskill||L, 4-1|
|Oct 13||Stevens||L, 2-1|
|Oct 16||at Oneonta State||L, 2-0|
|Oct 20||Alfred||L, 2-0|
|Oct 23||at Skidmore College||L, 5-0|
|Aug 31||Manhattanville||L, 1-0||1||0||0||0||1||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 4||Plattsburgh St.||L, 1-0||1||0||0||0||3||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 8||at Potsdam||L, 4-1||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Sep 9||at Clarkson University||L, 3-1||-||1||0||2||1||1.000||1-1||0|
|Sep 15||Nazareth College||T, 0-0||-||0||0||0||4||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 19||at Elms||W, 2-0||1||0||1||1||9||.000||0-0||0|
|Sep 22||Houghton||W, 2-1||1||1||0||2||3||.333||0-0||1|
|Sep 25||MCLA||W, 5-0||1||1||1||3||5||.200||0-0||0|
|Sep 29||at St. John Fisher||L, 1-0||1||0||0||0||3||.000||0-0||0|
|Oct 6||at Utica College||W, 2-1||1||1||0||2||5||.200||1-1||1|
|Oct 7||at SUNY Cobleskill||L, 4-1||-||1||0||2||4||.250||0-0||0|
|Oct 13||Stevens||L, 2-1||1||0||0||0||2||.000||0-0||0|
|Oct 16||at Oneonta State||L, 2-0||1||0||0||0||2||.000||0-0||0|
|Oct 20||Alfred||L, 2-0||1||0||0||0||2||.000||0-0||0|
|Oct 23||at Skidmore College||L, 5-0||1||0||0||0||3||.000||0-0||0|
|Oct 27||at Elmira||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|